Thursday, May 16, 2013

I Wonder if I Could Do It

I always forget how draining Bug's appointments can be on me. Especially when we have Occupational Therapy on Wednesday, and then Psychology on Thursday; like today. Plus the hour and a half we spend in traffic on days we have Psychology. That's definitely rough.
Here's the thing... If it's rough on me; how rough is it on Bug?
Some days, I think it would be interesting to see the world through his eyes, but other days, I don't know if I could do it. I already have sensitive hearing, but he has days where a noise can be totally ignored, but two minutes into the noise going on, it's deafening for him. There are days when he's so hypersensitive we just hide in the house all day, and I pray when I go to pull up music on my laptop it's not going to be loud. There are days when he's so hyposensitive he can run smack dab into a wall and not think twice about it.
It makes things difficult, to say the least. I just don't know if I could do what he does everyday.
I'm so proud of Bug. He has no idea what's going on with him, but he knows he's different, and yet he still pushes on.
I thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment